a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Saturday in Central Park.


Faux Leather Jacket: H&M.
Hat: c/o OASAP.
White Flats: Forever21.
Pearls: Gift from my grandmother. 
Lipstick in MAC's Russian Red.
 Photos by Hannah

 Hello everyone!

Today was seriously the loveliest of all days...I met for the first time and got to hang out with a long time blogging friend, Hannah, from The Fashion Cookbook! Meeting internet friends has got to be my favorite part about blogging. As a person who's never really had many "in real life friends" it's special to me to bond with all you guys on the internet. Since I live in Ohio (and who lives in Ohio?!), I don't get the chance to meet 99% of you, but since I traveled around Europe and am now living in NYC it's been much more of a possibility! I was able to get together with three different readers over in Europe, and I have many more meetings planned for this summer here in NYC. I would love to plan something to get together with some of ya'll if you live in the NYC area-- shoot me an email! x

Hannah and I explored all over New York today since we both recently moved here. We had an amazing breakfast at Tick Tock Diner where I, surprise surprise, ordered pancakes. They had all sorts of yummy ones like red velvet, banana upside down, and fresh strawberry. I'm going to be back soon to try more! We then ventured down to the subway and got horribly lost-- going what seemed like all over the NYC underground system, ha. But we made it to Madison Ave and window shopped the beautiful designer stores. We stopped at Laduree which I haven't been to since Paris. I got two sweet little treats-- my favorite chocolate one and then a salted carmel! That store is like walking into a dream ♥ We got some Starbucks (I had a free drink for being a gold card member!) and then went to Bloomingdales for the first time. My favorite part of the day was probably moseying around Central Park. It's honestly so beautiful and full of life. We took outfit pictures there and it's SO lovely to have a blogging friend that knows what she's doing. Makes things so much easier!

I wore this adorable new dress from Karina that I just got the other day. Wow, it.is.perfect. Karina sells wrinkle free, easy care dresses that are for all body shapes! That's what I think I love most about the company. On the site, they have a style guide helping you find the correct dress for your body type, and then you can pick from all sorts of pretty patterns. This dress is so flattering with the cut and material, and was so breezy to wear on this warm summer day. Also, I love the fact that the material is wrinkle free. Since I've been traveling a lot lately, it's just so convenient that I'll be able to roll it up and go without worrying about it looking awful. And seriously if this wasn't the cherry on top...the dresses are made right here in Brooklyn! Love that Karina fits my ethical clothing agenda I've been trying to work on. Thank you so much to Karina dresses for sending me this little beaut: it is now a staple in my wardrobe!

It was such a good day and I'm so excited that I have another free day tomorrow to explore and relax. New York is seriously amazing guys...I'm having the time of my life here! x

With much love, Lauren. 
SHARE:

1 comment

The Emerald Dove said...

Gorgeous pictures! That dress is so pretty and looks lovely with that jacket. :)
theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

Blogger Template by pipdig