a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Vintage Pastel Plaid.

Vintage Skirt (hemmed), Loafers, Bag.
Lavender Blouse: Forever21.
Lipstick in MAC's Please Me.

Hi there ♥

I've been thinking a lot about what I want my New Year's Resolution to be this year. I want it to be something challenging that does put me outside of my comfort zone, and that I have to make myself do begrudgingly. I have a few things in mind, but just haven't decided what to choose. Why not do all of them? I find it easier for a person like myself to just focus on one life change at a time rather than dividing myself up into too many pursuits I suppose. I get frazzled and too spread out!

One thing really sticks out to me, but it would be SO hard to do. Ya gotta dream realistically, you know? Maybe I could do it, I don't know. It's not weight-loss or anything of those sorts (ha), but has to do with my personality. Can something so innate and inherent really be changed and persuaded? Hm. I don't want to waste a good NYR on it if it can't be done. We'll see I suppose!

In frillier news, I went thrifting with my mother yesterday and came up lucky! Two vintage dresses for $2 a piece. I could have really used them about a week ago though because they're both perfectly and utterly Christmas-y. One a plaid shirt dress and the other a fancy party gown in satin and red velvet. Eh, might as well bring them out for New Year's festivities. They're too pretty to put away for a whole year. x

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

10 comments

Unknown said...

Ooh a mystery self challenge by sweet Lauren :) I wish you all the best on your decision and will let you know nothing in our personality is hardcoded to the DNA. We are changeable creatures, but often not without great effort and sacrifice.

As for the outfit, so adorable. Cool cool on the top and that pattern on the skirt is so vintage perfect. And so many great shots of beautiful you! I thought Christmas was over and yet I keep getting gifts :)

LaurenLovesLaugher said...

Good luck with your resolution whatever it is that you decide. I think that it's a great idea to just focus on one goal. I often set too many and then just end up feeling overwhelmed.

Anway, your outfit is just gorgeous - so perfectly put together (as always) and I love the setting! I think that's something I'd like to do this year -venture out of my backyard when taking outfit photos! (although it is a bit of a scary thought)

Lauren xx

~ K said...

I'm still in the process of deciding my own resolutions. I'm torn between trying really hard at one or trying some in the hopes I'll succeed in one of them, ha.

~K | bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Attitudes can be changed lauren, if you want it hard enough and are ready to work on it then a change will be visible over time ^^ And this outfit is SO sweet. I love when you wear pastels, they suit you so well. xo

Unknown said...

Oh wow I think I'm in love with your skirt... I wish it was from a shop so I could go buy it ahaha followed you :)
Tiana x
Www.the-Romanticiser.blogspot.co.uk

Kezzie said...

So wish I could visit your thrift shops! Very pretty but COLD!!!! X

Ruby Sterland said...

Love this look! I've never really tried pastels in winter, but it looks lovely! x

www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

Kalie said...

That skirt is the epitome of lovely! I can't wait to see your new pieces :)

xox

Kalie H.
Kalieandgimli.blogspot.com

Elliementary, My Dear said...

This is such a cute look :) That skirt is amazing and it looks great with the lavender blouse. Good luck with your new years resolution!

Creme de la Chic said...

Love the hemmed skirt and your bag :) So sweet and romantic! xx

♥ ♡ ♥ ♡ Creme de la Chic ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

Blogger Template by pipdig