a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Monday, June 25, 2012

Berry Lips.

Butterfly romper, Black-Strap Heels, Black Satchel: Thrifted.
Purple Beret: Target.
Black Flower Ring: Cato's.

Hello everyone!
It was like pulling teeth trying to capture these pictures today...you have no idea! I was probably out for a good hour and a half, taking photo after photo. The sun kept popping in and out, creating weird lighting and then I couldn't get my camera to focus... I went to about four different areas trying to find scenery I liked so that's why all of these photos aren't homogeneous! Shucks, don't you just hate it when it's a bad picture taking day...?

I couldn't stay in a sour mood for long though because come on, I'm wearing a butterfly romper! Not only that, but I'm also sporting a new lipstick to my collection- a pretty purple berry. I've been wanting to try out purple for awhile now, but been too chicken. I was afraid it would look strange on my skin tone or not flattering, but I must admit I quite like it! It's funny that I sport red lipstick without any fear all the time but become so timid when it comes to purple :)

Annnddd enough beating around the bush. About my post last night. My huge ranting, angry, unedited-and-probably-full-of-mistakes post. Sigh. I was definitely angry last night about the whole GOMI situation, but I've calmed down. I had a few people think that I shouldn't have written in retaliation, but to be honest I don't regret my moment of fury. I know it's better to ignore anonymous, mean, internet hate. I've even written a blog post about it before. Last night was different though. It's different than the snide comments I usually receive on here occasionally or on my formspring. A whole group of individuals, taking time out of their lives to beat down and pick me apart in every way they can? It's absolutely ridiculous and something I'll never stand for.

I was never bullied in high school and I'm so thankful. I have been bullied on the internet though and this is a prime example. I'm not going to take this crap. GOMI (and in my more particular case the forums) puts bloggers in fear and questioning every move they make on the internet. I don't want my blogging experience to be lived in fear. I want to have fun, I want to be myself, I want to blog with no inhibitions and not have to worry every thing I say being criticized and twisted and turned. Maybe it's the naive teenager in me to think this. I mean, you all are probably rolling your eyes in disgust right now thinking, 'come on, this girl doesn't expect to be ridiculed for pouring her whole life on the internet? Does she expect it to be this rainbows and sunshine place where no one criticizes her now, does she?' And in a way, yeah I do think that. I think I deserve a place where I can be all that I am because there's not many places in real life that I can be that. I do expect a little space where I can receive positive feedback and support FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE.

I'm not going to be submissive like all of the other bloggers who get attacked. Of course I can't do anything about it and I know the people are only fueled with more hate because I reacted, but I don't care. I really and truly don't. A reader pointed out the words on my blog header, 'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' I forgot about this. I forgot this saying that I put on the top of my blog when I started it two and a half years ago, and have always had since. I DO have the right to say what I feel and be who I am. If people don't like it, okay, fine. Something I've been realizing is you truly can't please everyone and for a people pleaser like myself, that's a hard realization.

I said what I had to say and got it out there. I haven't looked at the forum about me since I first saw it last night and I don't plan to. There's moments of weakness when I want to go to it, see what people really think about me, see if anyone's defending me, see what if other people think about me is what I think about myself....but I'm not going to. I know that I'm better off and I've had my say and I can move on. I'm not going to discuss it any further and I'm not going to keep ranting. What's done is done and it's out there and I can't do one.single.thing.about.it.

I will say though I am am a teeny tiny bit thankful for this. It's shown me that not all the internet is filled with mean souls- you all are so incredible! You make me feel so thankful that I blog and I'm so blessed to have all of you in my life

With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

14 comments

Elizzabeth Hope said...

First, I totally TOTALLY understand about the whole finding the right lighting for taking pictures! Esp since i have to go back and fourth for the timer...it's such a bugger! haha!
Your pictures look amazing, your outfit is amazing, you look great! I love this outfit sososo much!!! :D
Always be yourself! and remember this is your blog! You can do whatever you want with it! :) Personally I love your blog and think your doing a fantastic job with it! Keep up the great work Lauren!!!

xo, Lizz

Unknown said...

As I have said before I LOVE this romper, especially since I have a sun dress in the same pattern.

I really don't understand the point of this other website. It just doesn't make sense for someone to waste energy to bash other people. Obviously who ever runs that is not very confident in themselves. If they don't like something they don't have to look at it. Plain and simple. It is NOT just THEIR internet.

Don't worry about them, hon. Good for you for standing up for yourself, as well.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Ashley of Southern (California) Belle said...

So gorgeous! I love that jumper :)

xo

Ashley

Southern (California) Belle

Ashley Holloway said...

I just love this romper so much! As you said, how can you not be cheerful when you are wearing it? And the little t-straps are so sweet! I mentioned on your instagram that I have this lipstick, I think it's called Berry Haute? Anyways, it looks lovely on you!

Charmaine said...

I am seriously digging that egg plant coloured beret and I LOVE those heels. Jealous!

Mihaela said...

Aaaahhhh! To pretty for words!
I just bought my first(!!!) romper this week-end. They're not really my style, but I surrendered to the penguins! :)) It has penguins all over and I'll wear it on a week-end sometime.

The Dragonfruit said...

I am so happy you're the girl you are Lauren. Those people who tried to tear you down were more than likely upset that such a "young, naive" girl had so much more sense than they ever did! You ARE a role model to others. You are to me, and I'm happy to keep reading your blog, see ALL the beautiful pictures you post, and your inspiring fashion.
Way to try the purple lipstick (it looks really good on you!) and I'm just adoring that butterfly print. :)

Anonymous said...

You are such a brave and beautiful girl Lauren. I absolutely adore that lovely print on the jumpsuit. Well done for standing for what you believe in, I really admire you for it.
X Jane

http://thetaleoftwobuttons.blogspot.com

Cindi said...

I love that jumpsuit, probably my favourite clothing item of yours! :) Keep your head high Lauren, it will never be possible to please everybody, and fortunately you do not have to have anything to do with the people who don't appreciate you.

/Cindi

http://cherriesandsunflowers.blogspot.de/

Unknown said...

Adorable romper! :D

Love your lipstick too <3

XoXo,Taylor

Jull Diaz said...

wow! I love the pattern! is great :)
kisses from:
http://julldiaz.blogspot.mx/

Isabella said...

You look fantastic Lauren! This jumpsuit is so pretty. Reminds me of spring and makes me sad for the miserable weather here in Australia!
If I was in your place with the GOMI situation, I would have done the same thing. From my experience with "hate" on my blog, it's easy to say you will ignore it, but not as easy to do. Just think of all those readers who adore you, though!
Thanks for the sweet comment on my post. xo
http://viewsofnow.com/

Kezzie said...

The romper is truly gorgeous! I love wearing anythign with butterflies on it! Seee, there is good in every situation! Glad you could see that! x

Is It Secret, Is It Safe said...

ugh, i just had a terrible picture day myself! i'm pretty sure every decent pic was out of focus. :O( oh, well.
and i will never understand why people take time out of their day to be mean. it makes absolutely no sense to me. i have to think that those meanies must be deeply unhappy people to lash out like that. keep your head up.
-sarah

Blogger Template by pipdig