a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Disappointment Has a Name It's Heartbreak, Heartbreak.

Seven Random Facts
1. I get disappointed really,really easily...With people that is. I always have this notion that all people are good and I tend to admire them. Then I get just horribly disappointed when I find out that they do negative activities, or aren't as great as I made them out to be in my mind. It's the absolute worst feeling.

2. I've saved all the magazines I've ever gotten in the mail or bought. My mom always begs me to throw them away, but I have such a strange attachment to them. Just imagine the mass of Seventeen, TeenVouge, and Glamour magazines that I have in my room...

3. I pray every night before I fall asleep, and tend to feel horribly guilty if I don't. I tend to feel that praying just once a day isn't enough though, and always tell myself that I should connect with God more.

4. I didn't own a two piece bathing suit until I was thirteen years old. I was a heavy, insecure child/preteen and refused to wear anything that showed my stomach. Even though I wear bikinis when I go to the pool now, I still feel as self conscious as I did when I was a little girl.

5. Whenever people tell me that I have a pretty smile it makes my day.

6. I always have the same reoccurring nightmare that it's Christmas Eve and I haven't put the Christmas tree up yet... I just have the oddest fear of putting the Christmas decorations up late because they are so important to me and I love to have them up as long as possible.

7. I never want to use my lipsticks because when they're new they have such a perfect point that I don't want to ruin. So usually I try not to use my lipsticks so that they will always look perfectly pointy.

Filled out these seven random facts because I received a lovely blog award from Jen of Jen in The Purple Pants. She's a total doll! Hope you all are doing lovely, and I hope to be back tomorrow with a proper outfit post. <3
With much love, Lauren.
SHARE:

10 comments

Em [The Writer] said...

Well then...you have a pretty smile :)

And that is the truth.

Oh and I totally feel the exact same way about 3!

Sara said...

aww such a cute post! its nice to know more of your personality!

http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

Alexandra said...

I love this post. I can really relate to 1 and 5. I always try to think the best of people and sometimes they don't quite meet expectations which is sad. I think being told you have a nice smile is a lovely compliment, it really brightens the day!

Jenna said...

Same exact thing for me for number 4!! I'm still pretty insecure.
thank you for linking me!! :D

Kimberly said...

Hey !
I save all my magazines too, I started buying them when I was 10. People love to come over to look at them :)
Xoxo

Rachel said...

I love random facts, so interesting! #3, yep :)

Marisa Noelle said...

Hehe...cute! I'm totally there with you on 1 and 3:)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I'd actually love to have a time to pray for a while before bed or when I first wake up. usually my prayers are random throughout my day. If I'm driving, I pray out loud in the car. If i'm doing dishes, I pray silently in my head. If I'm frustrated with how the boys are acting, I pray under my breath. I like doing these things, but to actually sit and pray while focusing on God and his word is something I really need to do. You shouldn't feel guilty though, but prayer is certainly important.

You are a wonderful girl by the way. i loved reading all these.

Anonymous said...

No. 2 - same :P Although, now I am starting to get rid of some that I've had since pre-teen! Still have a lot though that my Mum despairs about :P

Kezzie said...

You DO have a pretty smile! It makes me smile and happy when people that about me too! I also get disappointed by people also.

BTW, I also awarded you a blogaward- er, not sure where that post was! I think it's called blog award?

Blogger Template by pipdig