a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Modern Vintage Bombshell: Scarlett Johansson.
















Of course I look for vintage inspiration from classy, old Hollywood movie stars like Lauren Bacall, Rita Hayworth, and Grace Kelly. However, every once and a while I find deep inspiration in modern Hollywood stars who have a vintage style. Scarlett Johansson is the perfect example of a beautiful starlet with an impeccable taste for old things. Everything about her screams retro glamour: her clothes, her hair, her makeup. For goodness sake, even her name is retro sounding!

It seems like every outfit she wears is vintage perfection. The silhouettes of the dresses are just so stunning and flattering to her body, just like dresses in the 1940's used to be. She makes me want to have a curvaceous body so bad! (I curse myself for not having a voluptuous chest and a curvy bum with a tiny waist: the perfect hour glass shape so many women like myself covet!)

I love how her dresses accentuate her waist and look so feminine and refined. Perhaps that's what makes Scarlett look so beautiful in her clothes because they fit her to an absolute "T." Also, the necklines on many of the blouses and dresses are just too gorgeous for words. The bow that ties at the neckline is so classic vintage and something I wish I could really find for myself! Also, the deep V neckline is so sexy, but classy and sophisticated at the same time.

Oh, and not only is Scarlett's style the perfect mixture of a modern vintage bombshell, but she always has the hair, makeup, and accessories to complete the look! She just looks so stunning with red lips. Some people can carry off a strong red lip with confidence, and she definitely can! I can never stop looking at her retro style soft, curly waves either. I'm actually so obsessed with her hair that when I went to get my hair done for prom, bought in a picture of her hair for my stylist to copy off of! ( but we all know how well that turned out...ha) Scarlett's had every hair color ,too but how is it that she looks gorgeous in every color? No fair!

Hm... if I had to pick a favorite of Scarlett's outfits above I think it would be either the red dress with the sweetheart neckline, or the sexy lace dress in the first picture. It's so hard to choose because I love everything she wears! What's your favorite look of hers..?

Scarlett's style is just so hard to describe because it's such a mix of different styles! Retro, feminine, sexy, classic, sophisticated. I just feel so insanely jealous of Scarlett because she always looks stunning, but I look up to her so much for fashion inspiration. She is such a huge style icon for me and I hope that as my style grows and matures that I may have a style that resembles hers someday in the future...
SHARE:

2 comments

Carys said...

I agree, I have always admired Scarlett Johanson, she really does look like the perfect old hollywood film star, and I agree about her style too-so many celebrities try so hard to look edgy these days, often at the expense of looking nice, but every outfit she wears is just lovely and classically chic. I think it's so great to see a woman who's proud of her curves and knows how to dress for her shape.
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Sofi Moukidou said...

love Scarlett! love her style!

Blogger Template by pipdig