a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Flattered!

Today I received my second blog award from THELOOKING_GLASS; I'm flabbergasted and flattered! Thank you so very much! I can't thank you enough... You are beautiful on the inside ,as well as, the outside!



For the blog award a person must list seven things about themselves...Here are my seven! :)



1. I had pink hair last year. No, I did not dye my hair pink because I was a "rebel"; I wish! Last year I was on my high school's swim team and at the end of the year all of the girls dye their hair pink and the guys get bleach blonde mowhawks. The dye was permanent, and it will take three years to get my hair back to my natural color. I still have to dye my hair brown every so often!

2. I want to be a Spanish teacher. Learning and speaking Spanish is truly a passion of mine that I love. Currently, I'm taking Spanish II in school, plan to go up to Spanish IV , and will continue in college! Everything about learning another language is fascinating to me, and I'm looking forward to sharing my passion with students in the future!

3. My blog's name comes from my favorite book. My favorite book is called Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. It's about a girl in high school who's boyfriend is killed in a motorcycle crash, and then she finds out she is pregnant with his baby. The story follows her and her best friend through the hard year,where they both face many problems. It's a really inspiring story that touches me every time I read it, so I knew I wanted to name my blog after it.

4. I have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). About four years ago my parents and I discovered that I had OCD, just like my mom. It was so bad at first that I had to go to therapy to help me with my obsessive problems. I am obsessive about getting sick, specifically throwing up. I wash my hands constantly, and never ever go near people who are sick. It is very extreme, and in the past I have locked myself in my bedroom so as not to get contaminated by germs. Also, I will not say throw-up out loud, and if anyone gets sick around me I have a panic attack. I used to be ashamed of this disease I have, but now I have come to see it is not something I have to hide. It is what makes me who I am!

5. I won the "best-dressed student" my freshman year of high school. It was probably one of the most surprising and most proud moments of my life. I never would have though that I would get recognized by my school and classmates at the best-dressed girl; especially as a freshman. Hearing my name announced in from of the whole school for the award was truly a moment I will never ever forget!

6. My eighth grade year of school I left my best friends. For almost all of my life I had a close group of girl friends that I always hung out with. Around my eigth grade year,however, the girls started turning mean and malicious. They would tell me I was ugly, pick on my clothes, poke fun at me and my boyfriend, and they made me cry endlessly. At the end of that school year I decided enough was enough; I left them for good. The only made them more mean to me. At first I regretted my decision, I missed them so much despite everything, and didn't want to be lonely and not have any friends going into high school. It took a long time to get over, but I have healed from the experience and know I made the right choice and come out stronger. Although it is hard sometimes not to have many close friends who are girls, I know that I have my boyfriend to be there for me and other close friends.


7. My boyfriend,Matt, and I have been dating for almost three years. It's hard to believe for two kids in high school, right? He's been by my side for everything that I've needed him for. He's not only my boyfriend, but my best friend that I do everything with. He's my other half. Without him I would be lost!
SHARE:

3 comments

Mila said...

Congratulations! Wow, it actually sounds like we have a few things in common. I don't have an OCD like you do, but I am paranoid of especially throwing up. That's so funny about your pink hair! It's kinda cute:)

xoxo

THELOOKING_GLASS said...

I love the pinkish red hair <3

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

My 20 yr old daughter had the same experience with her friends from elementary school. Only they gave up on her (as well as making fun of her, etc). She was pretty sad for a couple of years. Now that she's out of school, she's so happy to have found a lot of great friends who like her for who she is and not just because she "matches" them and their desires.

Hang in there girl! Be proud of who you are and anything that makes you unique. The right people will appreciate you for you!

Blogger Template by pipdig