a personal style blog by Lauren Pfieffer

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Playing Dress up..



I was just thinking to myself earlier about what makes fashion really so much fun for me; and that is the aspect that it allows you to be whoever you want to be at any given time. When you think about it, it's completely like you are stepping into someone elses shoes for the day; only you don't have their life,just their apperance.



I love the fact that clothes allow me to be the kind of people I wish I could be,but perhaps don't have the courage our self confidence to make it happen. I can slip into any role and truely feel like that person! It's quite empowering actually.... I always make up silly stories to go with my outfit, kind of to set up a life that the person I dress up as has. Sometimes it might be a beautiful, classy 1940's woman, whose husband is off at war, or maybe a confident and powerful woman that lives in New York; living and breathing fashion.



Everyday is a new possiblity, a new chance at being that person you always wanted to be. So when people ask me " Why do you always dress up?" I should just anwser, "Well... why not?"

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig